On hot and muggy days, like today, I am so very tempted to go out in the rain and just let it soak me through. Staring out at my deck right now, I want to stand outside the door and cool off the way the trees are. Hang on...I'm so gonna and make Riley take a picture of it.
Yeah, I'm good...it worked, but I don't really enjoy the whole raindrops-the-size-of-quarters on my face. The smell of everything after it rains, however...bring that on. I love it.
Those big, ass cracks of thunder, though, I'd rather skip it. Scary shit. I immediately think of my poor neighbor who is terrified of thunderstorms, and suddenly my own discomfort seems foolish. I am grateful the noise only discomforts me momentarily. I will take the rain any day, but the lightening and thunder can definitely stay away.
Despite the thunder and heat index, the day was near perfect. I got to spend some time with Nan catching up, something we don't do nearly enough of, and the complete lack of agenda was beyond relaxing. Life should be enjoyed with regular spontaneous moments. Pre-planning everything just isn't where it's at.
Heading off to enjoy the rest of my completely unplanned night!
No comments:
Post a Comment