The problem with falling behind on writing a daily blog, is that I tend to neglect to jot down my ideas as they occur should I not be able to write posts on time. I suppose the argument that they weren't overly important subjects, or I wasn't meant to share my thoughts on that particular topic could be applied here. Regardless, knowing that ideas have escaped me before I could delve in and write about them, gives me a bit of indigestion.
I have an affinity for order with some specific things. Somehow they all seem to be related with things that aren't immediate seen by anyone else, which suggests that that need for order comes from a particular place within me. I am just as fanatical about properly organized and folded towels at the salon, as I am that my thoughts in these daily blogs follow the order of the days I have them. So, in this particular case of playing catch up, I've been trying to put myself in past states of mind since Thursday. Each post I've made in the past two days, really has to be about whatever thoughts I had on the day tied to a specific post.
Yesterday (the day associated with this particular post), I was in a quiet, reflective mood. The weather was shit, but I was granted the involvement in two incredibly happy moments. I took part in the 'pre-wedding' morning ritual of exceptional wedding updos for a dear friend, and unexpectedly got to welcome my parents home from their Alaska road trip.
My friend was so full of happiness, as she should be, and I was so honored to be a part of her day. It is one of the best human interactions in life: being part of someone else's joy. We get so much more out of this kind of moment than we give, if we are truly open and excited for another person's good fortune and happiness. I am a better soul for having shared in her bliss.
As it happened, my stay in Auburn for the day, put me in the right place and time to get to see my mother and stepfather return home after 77 days away. I watched them drive away on July 5th, and had no way of knowing I'd get to come full circle and be there when they arrived back home, fifth wheel and all. In being a part of wishing them well and celebrating their return, more happy has taken up residence in my life.
I am on a journey, as we all are from the day we are born. How we choose to experience all that transpires between our first and last breaths, defines our souls. Despite the need for order, I won't let those minor frustrations get in the way. I choose to capture as much happiness as possible, no matter what or who brings it to my personal, little sphere.
No comments:
Post a Comment