Saturday, September 20, 2014

What May Seem Awful At First, Might Look Less So When Seen From A Wider Angle

As I've reminded myself time and again, day after day, the senseless bullshit that generates negative energy isn't where my focus should be. The blessings around me, the people I love and care about, the opportunities and experiences I've had, and my health.

I was feeling particularly discouraged about my body imposing limitations on my activities. Nearly spoiled brat proportions, complete with tantrums. I want more than anything to begrudgingly wake up early, pull on running gear, and have my feet pound the pavement while Slipknot motivates my pace. A month ago, I started running again, and I managed to shave over four minutes off my total time. I was hopeful that my back issues had subsided and that I'd be able to resume something I loved.

Unfortunately, it wasn't to be. The all-too familiar nerve pinching and pain returned this week, giving me little option, but to cease running. The deterioration of my spine just isn't worth any satisfaction I get from a good run.

Then I read something so heartfelt, honest, and emotionally charged, I immediately changed my focus. No longer was I comfortable lamenting my misfortune of back issues, because there are far worse things to face. I have my health, I've watched my sons grow, and my future is ahead of me; full of possibilities. Through someone else's pain, acceptance, and sharing of both, I was able to reconnect with all that is right in my life, and on this journey.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/charlotte-kitley/bowel-cancer-charlotte-kitley_b_5836238.html

No comments:

Post a Comment