I love when I'm listening to a song and a writing idea pops into my head. I don't love that this nearly always happens when I am driving. It has not escaped my thoughts that I need to embrace voice memos, as to not lose these finicky, and all too fleeting ideas. (Sigh)
Seriously, I cannot continue to allow viable seedlings to go unattended. The whole point of writing is to create, nurture, and share. If I cannot make it past the first fleeting eureka moments, then exactly what is it I am doing here? Passing time, and not much else.
Far too easily distracted, harvesting ideas at the most inopportune moments is just a hint of the overall my-own-worst-enemy that I have become. Seeking out a complete lack of internet connection and overall entertainment would be in my best interest. My son called me out on my attention-jngtto-the-wrong-things-to-avoid-what-I-really-want-to-be-doing recently, and sadly, he was spot on. I may well have committed to blogging and such, but it has become one of the many distractions that is pulling me from what I know I should be doing. What I want to be doing; writing something of novel proportions.
There is an unlimited supply of excuses, or so it seems. Each weighing more emphatically in my reasoning than the next, but ultimately not one of them is legitimate enough to justify the lack of progress I've made in recent months. Rather than be my own worst enemy, or my own road block, it's beyond time to be more. My own goal driver, my own cheerleader, and my own creative architect is really what I need to be...nothing else.
No comments:
Post a Comment