This really has no real drawbacks. Just because I might miss life ignorant of things that mean a little work, doesn't mean I ever actually want to go back. Clarity in any situation, for me means an opportunity for change, progress...ultimately, happiness.
Those times when my thoughts turn to the past, and bring up feelings of hurt or sadness, I no longer fight it. Acknowledging, and even accommodating these feelings doesn't mean that I'm giving into negativity. It keeps me whole, and being able to sit with those parts of me that are forever changed because of experiences I wouldn't wish on anyone, makes it possible for me to keep looking forward and appreciate even the smallest bit of good that touches my life.
Those times when my thoughts turn to the past, and bring up feelings of hurt or sadness, I no longer fight it. Acknowledging, and even accommodating these feelings doesn't mean that I'm giving into negativity. It keeps me whole, and being able to sit with those parts of me that are forever changed because of experiences I wouldn't wish on anyone, makes it possible for me to keep looking forward and appreciate even the smallest bit of good that touches my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment