For the first time in as long as I can remember, I love where I live. When I'm driving back from work, rather than getting antsy at the end of the long drive, I get excited. The closer I get to Portland, the more in touch with the freedom I feel since moving here. It's an amazing feeling.
I met up with a couple lovely ladies I am recently fortunate enough to call friends today for drinks in town. We talked about the depressing cloud that seems to hang over the town we work in, and how different it truly is from the Portland area. Sure, every town or city has it's drawbacks. Maybe it's just the ocean air, but the lightness and energy are undeniable.
I would go so far as to say the collective energy in any area has a direct effect on it's vibe. Unfortunately, Lewiston-Auburn appears to be a bit heavy on the negative. There are so many pushing the positive, but thus far to no avail. It's difficult to see my hometown in this way, and it may seem like a negative move to have 'given up', but sometimes the more positive thing is to move forward from what doesn't work.
I haven't been here long, so sure, it could be the 'honeymoon' effect, but I tend to think it's more.
No comments:
Post a Comment