One of the minor frustrations I encounter from time to time is getting ready to cook or bake something and realizing I don't have a key ingredient I totally thought I had. So, whenever I can, I improvise. Sure it doesn't always work, but in the end it was worth trying. Interestingly enough, to me anyway, this is pretty on course for life. Things rarely pan out the way I expect, so I've chosen to find ways around obstacles.
So somethings turn out different; occasionally you get surprised and things turn out better. Food without gluten, for instance. Some of it is wretched; I mean, it should be considered false advertisement to claim rice pasta is in anyway remotely comparable to regular pasta. It blows! I did, however, come across a recipe for brownies that kicks ass on any regular version of this chocolate indulgence, and I might never have tried it were I not on a gf diet.
We didn't get any definitive answers regarding our cat's heath issues, so we are watching, waiting, and attempting to do whatever we can to make him comfortable. There is no way to know if any of what we are doing will help, but he has shown signs of the cat he's always been. I think we may be experiencing a setback this evening, so we are altering things a bit. Here's hoping it helps.
There are more choices in life than any of us will ever begin to have opportunity to make; getting caught up in trying to foresee how the choices we do make will turn out only prevents us from experiencing all there is on the road to living as who we are. It's better to make a move and correct the course while staying in motion.
No comments:
Post a Comment