Ever have those days when you want to just do something completely reckless? Today has been one of those kind of days. I would have enjoyed a reprieve from responsibilities and my daily life.
It wasn't a bad day, busy and productive. The weather was finally firmly about freezing, and I spent time with a number of people whose company I enjoy. My sister finally let me do something daring with her hair color. Still, I didn't do anything reckless.
It's not that I want to do something irrevocably damning; in truth, I don't even know what it is I would do that would qualify as reckless. Yet, when I get in this mood it tends to preoccupy my mind. I can't imagine acting out in a manner that would hurt or insult anyone else, breaking the law, or doing anyting that would cause me to want to hide from the world long enough for everyone I know to forget whatever I might have done. I guess what I consider reckless isn't really reckless at all.
Perhaps I'm just anxiously awaiting some carefree time lounging in the sun. Summer and all it's lazy freedom, for the short window of time it exists is my absolute favorite time of year. This is the worst case of spring fever I think I've ever come down with.
Can it be that by "reckless" you really mean "spontaneous"?
ReplyDeleteSpringtime is a great time to hop in the car and just go somewhere unusual. Go without a plan or even maybe an intended destination. Spontanous. I'm due to do that also!
Ordinarily I might agree, but I truly mean 'reckless'. This is just my realization that I cannot bring myself to actually do anything 'reckless'. I'm getting better at spontaneity however :)
Delete