Monday, April 21, 2014

If I Get Another Go-Round Here On Earth

Crossing paths with people I rarely see outside of the world of Facebook can be awkward, or it can be great. This all depends on how much interaction I've had with the person, and exactly what type of interaction it was. More often than not I luck out and it's a good encounter.

In no way do I know all, or even interact with all the people I am connected to through social media. There would never be enough time in my life to effectively get to know everyone. I follow who I do, chat with who I want, and stay in touch with my real-world friends when we get too busy to get together.

In another life, I'd like to set out and meet as many people as possible before the end of my time. Not just meet, but actually get to know them. I imagine my life, my heart and my soul would be larger than I could ever imagine. I think I'd love to walk the world, learn things I could only learn by being in each and every place, and find out what makes everyone I meet happy.

I am fortunate in this life however, because I have met and continue to meet new people every day. Many of them I get to know over time, and in some cases I get to see what makes them happy. I have a deeper, truer understanding of life than I might otherwise, if I had chosen a different profession. The human condition is more varied than hairstyles, but so much more a common theme than we realize.

I like running into people I know, no matter how it is I know them. It reminds me that I am not alone in the world around me. No matter how different and intriguing people are, we are all living day-to-day wanting to be happy - that's all that reason any of us should need to smile and be good to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment