Sunday, April 6, 2014

A Little Laugh Break

This week I put a number of things on hold and spent time with friends. I laughed a lot; boy, did I need to laugh. If there was a remedy for stress, laughter is it.

It's easy to get wrapped up in life and forget to live. Weeks, sometimes months have gone by and I realize that I haven't stepped outside of work or home to do something not related to responsibility. Taking a break and rerouting my energy towards laid back socializing certainly makes getting back to the everyday stuff a whole lot less unpleasant.

I enjoyed the sun today with some long time friends. What began as a cheer-up session for one friend, rejuvenated all of us. My perspective is more positive, and the issues that were weighing me down before aren't so heavy anymore.

Sometimes, friends are the best therapy, motivation and entertainment life has to offer. No, they are those things nearly all the time. I know my existence is a blessed one, because no matter what else I find lacking, the quality of friends I have are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment