Monday, April 7, 2014

Breathing Is So Much More Enjoyable When The Air Isn't Arctic

While it wasn't the sun-basking day I had hoped it would be, it was great to walk around and not feel the bitter sting of cold for a change. Everything I have to do outside of the house in warmer weather seems less like a chore and somehow more productive. It isn't even that I get more done, yet I suppose the energy saved not shivering and fighting to stay warm during the hustling to and from the car might have something to do with it.

It really isn't something I think about; the impact of weather on my feelings of accomplishment. Though I'd say it's safe to say, at least for me, that the increase in daylight hours and the milder climate have me feeling far less rushed. If I don't feel rushed and my body isn't directed so much energy into trying to stay warm, everything seems all around better. There is no question about it, I get more done and feel less tired as soon as the weather warms up.

There are a few other things that I've noticed about the weather's affect on me. I'm more social, I spend less time in front of the television or on my laptop, I eat better, and in general I have the motivation to get out and experience the world around me. There are those who can stay active and function nearly the same in winter as any other time of year, but I have never been one of those people. I do find them fascinating, however.

The simplest of things are what make my life incredible. Great weather brings so much of what I enjoy, and I fully intend to spend as much time outdoors, hiking, biking, walking on the beach, soaking up the sun, and exploring as often as I possibly can. Right up until the weather turns into that bitter bitch Winter again.

No comments:

Post a Comment