Even better than the color is the fact that nearly all of my clients gave me the freedom to do what I thought would look great. They were all happy, and my only regret was not taking photos of any of them. Not one single photo. (sigh)
Some weeks it's all about fresh new cuts, and others it's a mix of the two. Clearly, I love what I do, and there isn't much about it I'd change - except maybe perms, I hate perms. Aside from the size of the curl, perms are sorely limiting in any kind of creativity. The stench, the stinking papers that stick to everything...not to mention they are b-o-r-i-n-g to do. Passé.
There are a number of things in life that I loathe in the same manner that I dislike perms. Slow drivers, public arguing, marmite, lima beans, and writer's block just to name a few. And shortly, black flies and mosquitos.
Well, the last two are worth the warm temperatures in all honesty. The rest still suck no matter what time of year it is, especially perms. Nobody wants to have their sense of smell assaulted with the rotten egg/sulfur stench of a permanent wave. Seriously, not even hair stylists.
No comments:
Post a Comment