Saturday, April 19, 2014

Adoration and Appreciation

Over the years I have crossed paths with countless individuals. Some I have let walk on by, and others I have made room for in my life. There are long periods of time when I may not see some of these people, but once we reconnect, I instantly remember why I wanted them around me. I would never want to know what life would be like had our roads never intersected.

There are people who light up any given area they occupy; who affect your mood so completely you get an emotional high being near them. Their energy is so genuine and magnetic, resistance is futile. Maybe it's just me, but I believe my hometown produced a virtual goldmine of such souls once upon a time, and I am one of the many benefactors.

I smile until my cheeks hurt, feel a sense of comfortable peace, and know how rich my soul is because of the people I grew up with. No matter where we all have landed, there is little doubt in my mind that my life is better because of these friendships. Many of them have been paused for other aspects of life, but the moment I run into any of these people, a warm reassurance wraps around me. There are no walls of caution or insecurities in light of the gaps of time between conversations.

It is amazing to talk with most of these people and feel so connected to me. The me that I was, and sometimes lose track of; the me that had fun, loved big, and valued incredible friends. In spite of all the twists and turns I've traveled through, it's an incredible blessing to see a friend, and know with 100% of my being that no matter where I am, I am always home.

No comments:

Post a Comment