Tuesday, March 1, 2016

New People, Exciting Times

What a day! Every part of it was amazing. I feel accomplished and charged up with serious positive energy.

It's tough to contain your enthusiasm when you have a Felix Felicis kind of day. The fact that I have this kind of day on a somewhat regular basis is in no small part thanks to adopting a positive attitude. It's almost like wearing rose-colored glasses, but without being oblivious to actual life. Look for the good around you, and eventually, it radiates from you.

I met a great woman today after having been introduced by a mutual friend. She's new to the area and we have similar interests. I might just finally have a single friend my age to hang out with!! Seriously, at my age, that is something to be happy about.

Surrounding myself with other positive people is by far the best conscious decision I have made in recent years. The fact that most of these people are women is even better. When women choose to support and lift each other up with encouragement and praise, the results are astonishingly awesome. For far too long I had witnessed women being catty and competitive, tearing each other down like it was an art form. Being part of something where that trend is being shredded is empowering and inspiring. Yeah, we are far stronger when we work together.

Dinner and chill time with the youngest was good, too. It goes without saying that I love my sons, but there are moments that are better than others. It might be small, but when he brought the trash out just now, he yelled for me to come outside to see the cool clouds against the night sky. Knowing he appreciates the smallest things around him definitely reassures me that I've done my job as a mother fairly well.

I love that I end the day feeling inspired and energized, but that I know I had a hand in creating my happiness is even better. I'm riding this wave for all it's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment