Another amazing day in the books. I know it won't always be this way, but when I am blessed with great days, I revel in them! There was a moment or two when things weren't going the way I had hoped, but because I didn't dwell on any of it, the brightness continued to shine on through.
When you are excited about something, it is impossible to contain yourself and oh so easy to share your enthusiasm. I love the world of fitness. For years I dabbled in a number of different activities, half-heartedly trying to get in shape. I had to give up running because of a back issue, but surprisingly found weight lifting to be something that didn't aggravate it. Even after I spent a year recovering from the disc herniations caused by a fall, I was leary about getting back into working out at all. Then I decided to give Beachbody a try.
I had done P90X years before the back injury, but didn't think I was ready to jump in quite that aggressively, so I opted for P90. I felt great, was able to modify until I could do the program straight through at 100% form and effort. I moved on to Body Beast and the rest is sort of 'recent' history. This company has made it possible for nearly anyone to realize their fitness goals. Their programs cover a wide variety of exercise options, all with the ability to modify the moves within a person's fitness level. More than that though, the people who are involved with the company are inspiring, encouraging and knowledgable.
The positive energy I choose to generate and the empowering feeling I have building a stronger, healthier version of myself makes me want everyone to experience these things. I can't help it. I'd never assume that someone would be able to achieve their goals exactly the way I am. Everyone is different, but nearly all of us want to feel good in our own skin and recognize our potential. Knowing the value of support, peer interaction and being able to do things at my own pace and not feel judge is incredible. I had no idea a year ago that I would get so much from celebrating other people's milestones and helping build those around me up. Being able to cheer someone on, show them the gains they may be overlooking and be part of a community dedicated to something so vital as health and fitness is intoxicating.
This is why I have amazing day after amazing day. I interact with people who are stepping out of their comfort zones and not afraid to let others know when they stumble. Like-minded souls who get that when people work together to help another person reach their goal everyone wins. Women praising and coaching each other on sticking to their paths and loving themselves even on their worst days. Why on earth wouldn't anyone want to be part of something this inspiring?
No comments:
Post a Comment