I love seeing my sons doing what they are good at. The way the immerse themselves in whatever makes them happy...it's exciting to watch. To think, here are these two men that I raised and they've found things to challenge themselves with and ways to express their talents — it's more than I ever imagined I'd experience when I first became their mother.
There is a comfort in knowing they have interests they are willing to expend energy for. They stay out of trouble, generally, and seem to be grasping the understanding that it takes work to develop skills. It is apparent they have focus and they gain joy from doing things they like. I feel reassured they will find direction in their lives as time passes, and that they won't shy away from challenges that life is sure to present.
It is amazing to me that they are so completely different, yet so much the same. We truly are a family of dedicated and driven individuals who are capable of navigating through the obstacles we encounter along the way. One of the most important things I could possibly need as a parent is to know that each of my children have the know-how and life tools to tackle things, expected and complete surprise. They will stumble and fail, but having experienced belief in themselves because they practiced and learned how to excel at something is invaluable.
I'm a proud momma and I love my sons all the more because they love themselves enough to brave it and try.
No comments:
Post a Comment