It's been said before and those who know me are well aware of this fact: I am a sci-fi junkie. Firefly is one of my all time favorite series, though sadly it is the shortest lived. The following that it garnered makes me wonder how on earth it ever got canceled. Clearly, the show and its story still hold meaning for many, as its popularity has done the opposite of wane.
When you find a storyline that you connect with —regardless of whether it is out of the realm of reality, it's a magical thing. I have at least a dozen series that I have loved, all for varying reasons. Firefly is one that had me so engrossed, I wasn't just watching from my living room. Similar to when I'm enthralled in a book, this show sucked me in to the point that I forgot I was home and not actually on Serenity. So sad that there are no new adventures to lose myself in.
Joss Whedon is one of my idols. Angel, Buffy, Toy Story, Firefly (of course) and The Avengers...I mean, hello?!? What's not to love? Why I haven't watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. yet is beyond me. Well, really I'm sort of saving it. I want something to look forward to, after all.
As much as I love Firefly, it is painfully easy to find myself episodes deep before realizing I really ought to be doing something else. Four to five hours of sitting on my ass is fine when I'm not feeling up to par, but dinner doesn't cook itself and books need focus to write. Such a quandary to find myself in.
I think I'll go listen to this one more time, then get back to writing for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment