There are 306 days left in 2016. This realization makes my heart race at the sheer amount of possibilities ahead. It's a great feeling to be 60 days into the new year and feel great about where I'm headed already. Living like you mean it and taking in every ounce of life that comes your way is the only way to embrace this existence.
Choose to win by taking everything that comes your way and either making something of it or creating better in spite of it. Being happy doesn't mean that everything is great all the time, it just means that no matter what obstacles you're facing or fun you're having, you're in it 100%. Even on my worst days, I'm in it to win it, whatever it takes.
I don't want to look back at my life and wonder if I could have done more, or should have chosen differently. Sure, I could have made different decisions and ended up somewhere different than I find myself right now, but I'm more than content with this version of my life. And that is saying something, as the past few days have had me a little on the grumpy side.
The weather was springlike on this last day— Leap Day of February. I missed it entirely. Work kept me close to my laptop, but I did manage to appreciate a little window gazing here and there. I wrote a respectable amount in between conference calls and content creation. Now to get into a groove and finish this book. Even on the days that I don't hit a predetermined, but not set word count, if the quality of what I've written is good the day was a success. Today the quality was great. I'm even more okay with having missed out on the warmer weather because I know foregoing it was worth what I accomplished instead.
It's crazy, even before all the Year of the Monkey hype, I knew 2016 was going to present big things. Life changing events. Good and bad, but incredible in the effect they will have. The potential to catapult us from dreaming and planning for a goal to actually succeeding; that's what I see happening for so many people in my life over the course of the next 306 days. I can't help but smile. Being present and able to witness so much growth and change around me just reinforces the belief that anything and everything is possible with the right state of mind. Positive energy isn't a crackpot notion, it is real and it is the most assured way to find and maintain happiness, success, and health.
When you're happy, you typically feel great. You're less likely to be run down, and you have ample energy to do things that support a healthy, active lifestyle. No matter how many blue days I have, I always maintain that positive view that it is temporary and better times are coming. I don't lament about whatever woe I may feel I have. I feel it, own it and keep going toward the silver lining I know is waiting just beyond the last bit of negativity. My soul is far too bright to be dimmed for too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment