The days have a way of fluctuating in how fast or slow they pass. It is near impossible to know whether you will look back and see only a blur, or be able to recall intricate details. This is what makes life choices a gamble, and what can act as a well of anticipation for what tomorrow may bring.
Spending too much time dwelling on those things that don't work out the way we hope, or fretting about how quickly the years have accumulated behind us is a sure way to miss even more precious time that can never be gained back. Lamenting over what has passed just fosters a cycle that will leave a person with more regrets than triumphs in the end.
Stress, short-comings, or things I discover about myself that I wish were different don't need to take up space in my life. I have the choice to do something about all of them that will either hinder or free my progress. I rather enjoy the forward momentum, so anything that slows that down really isn't much of an option at the end of the day. I'm all about the happy and I'm good with doing what it takes to achieve it.
Time will pass and it will always seem to speed up as the days fade into the day before. I won't let myself get lost in the tempting colors of longing and regret, not when better things may await my attention. Making the most of the opportunities that come my way, even if that just means catching up on blog posts. I'm doing and not lamenting...now that's the best possible use of this time that I can think of.
No comments:
Post a Comment