Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Nothing Little About Big Happiness

The way the sun shines on the trees out back some days is absolutely stunning. The color reflecting on the bark is that fiery orange that fills the sky as the big star sets on another day. The soft glow never sticks around long, but that just means I can justify spending a few minutes appreciating it. I miss out on a number of things around me because I'm so focused on whatever chaos my life has me moving through most days. I'm glad that once in awhile I notice the little things that are quite spectacular.

Being oblivious to the small moments that can unlock big doses of happiness is unfortunate. Those times when we can't get out of our own way might just not be half as bad if we had just embraced the seemingly unimportant snippets that we walked by time and again. When nature gifts you with a beautiful moment, it doesn't matter what else is happening, take a minute or two and see it. We are all part of this world and just like each of us is different and brings something unique to this life, everything — plant, animal, body of water, even the sun's light and warmth that touch this tiny planet hold meaning and experiences, if we just stop and recognize them.

Each and every day that I wake up and choose to take life on is incredible. There is no guarantee I'll get another sunset, it would be a shame to miss out on more than I already have. I may not remember to pause for all the things that would have an impact on my day, but I can make the effort to catch at least one of life's little wonders. That much is doable. That's something I can commit to do.

What have you stopped to take in lately? Don't you owe it to yourself to accept the peace and happiness the world-at-large may just be trying to offer you each and every day? I know I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment