I had a bit of negative magnetism going on today. Off and on all this week to be honest. I was starting to let it get the better of me, but like I do most of the time these days, I pushed myself to shrug it off. Just choosing to let whatever comes my way happen without trying to control it is huge for a control freak like me. It also paid off when I drove into the Trader Joe's parking lot and found a spot close to the store without circling around endlessly waiting for people to leave.
No one stopped short in front of me or blocked the aisle with their cart while I was meandering about the store shopping for this week's groceries. I found everything I was looking for without effort and didn't have to wait in line. My cartful didn't break the bank, and I was able to leave the parking lot without having to fight an endless stream of traffic. All at 5:15 on a Friday night. Yeah, positive choices and positive thinking really do pay off.
My mood has been measurably better in the past two hours, so much so that I'm not grumbling about having no social life or having to venture out to get my son from work later on. Of course, the warmer weather has a definite impact on my willingness to leave the house at all these days. Though even my detestment of the frigid weather is no match for the good vibrational energy just appreciating being alive creates. Bad day? No big deal, so long as the shit doesn't take everything. Unless, farming/gardening skills are your thing and you can put the shit to good work.
I'd rather just avoid the shit to begin with. Making better choices takes practice, and the more I opt for positive, the better I am at consciously avoiding thoughts and feelings that would drag me and my life down an ugly, unhappy road. Yeah, life is better without the complication of chaos and other people's crappy auras mucking up the fun. I'll keep filtering my attitude to keep me in the space I like the best. The space of happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment