On occasion, I fail to be the ray of positivity that I strive to be, but sometimes it's needed to make sure I stay headed in the right direction. There's usually a lesson in patience involved, and even though it's taken me years to get this far, I'm happy there's room for improvement. No matter how long it takes me to take a moment and breathe before allowing things to frustrate me, at least I know I'm still capable of growth.
It is a comfort of sorts to know that a year from now, while I'll still be me, I will likely have grown in ways that help me be a better all-around version of who I want to be. The prospects of what life will be like are so varied. It may not be as obvious to others, but I know when I sit back and reflect on the previous 12 months, I will be impressed by how much has changed. This time last year much of my life routine was similar to today, but the goals that I have, the energy that working toward them has given me, and the expectation of taking on new challenges is so completely different from 365 days ago.
I was still getting use to not going to a salon to work, missing my clients and adapting to no longer having wads of one dollar bills on hand all the time. I still put effort into what I wore and how my hair looked, despite not having to leave the house for days other than to transport my son to and from school. A year ago I was facing two more full winters, now I'm only facing one :) My middle sister still lived in the state and I was just about to complete P90.
The picture is a bit different for sure; I no longer feel the need to wear makeup or do much beyond let my hair go curly — unless I've got somewhere to be. I don't miss the interactions I had at the salon as much as I first did, and I've grown comfortable working from home. My sister and I have found ways to keep in touch, and my son can now drive himself to school on the days I don't feel being a taxi. I've just completed the fourth program I got through Beachbody (after P90 I did two full rounds of Body Beast and ended the year, post surgery with 21 Day Fix), and I'm about to start the fifth. My body has changed for the better, I feel stronger in every way imaginable.
A lot can happen over the course of twelve months, and though my life is not vastly different, the changes are worth celebrating to me. I love my life more today than I did yesterday, and it is freaking awesome knowing that will just continue to grow as the years go by. Here's to the next 301 days, I'm excited to see what they bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment