As I look back over the past couple of decades (and I loathe that I can say that like I've lived through many of them) it seems as though self-awareness and betterment are on the rise. I say seems because for all I know I'm just late to this positive energy party. I actually remember thinking of anyone who believed in the things I now do was 'new-age-y' or too hippy minded. Clearly I was missing out on the awesome.
In all honesty, I always find it kind of great when I see or hear people around me gravitating to a more positive lifestyle. It doesn't get old. Seeing uplifting status posts, seeing those around me brighten whenever they delve deeper into their transformation to a more purposeful life and witnessing these people make choices that are healthy and long lasting will never bore me.
Of course what I'm talking about is the legitimate embracing of more positive living, not lip service. People who are genuine about this aren't easily tempted back into negative habits. They understand the impact a less than grateful existence has on their life and those around them, and they do whatever they can to avoid slipping into that rut again. They are dedicated to living up to their potential and addicted to the feeling of choosing happiness.
These are the people I spend the most of my free time with now. It's almost effortless as like attracts like, and when positive energy gathers together only the greatest things will happen. I happily consider myself that new-age, hippy minded individual I could never understand, because this is what life is supposed to be about. Who do you surround yourself with and are you the kind of person that brings a boost of light wherever you go? If not, what are you waiting for?
No comments:
Post a Comment