Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Even the Small Stuff

I've got to play taxi to the teen. Well, actually I could just let him take my car, but I've also got errands to run. I have to write. I really want to watch the last episode of the X-Files, as well. There's laundry to fold, general picking up to do, and I haven't even made dinner for myself yet. All this and I work from home. At least, I got some work done, wrote a little and paid bills. Priorites. Mine are allllll over the place.

Ok, well maybe it's just me that's all over the place. I paused while writing this, carted the kid to his gf's, went to the store and picked up the things we needed, came home and got dinner cooking, and finally sat down to finish this post. The laundry? Well, that will just have to wait until I am done with this and back home with the kid.

Amazing that I can keep on top of things some days. No matter how hectic it gets, life doesn't fall apart, and that is amazing enough to convince me I'm on a good path, even if it seems like I've strayed occasionally. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging that I'm all that. It's just nice to look back on a whirlwind of a day and be reassured everything is still right side up.

While the downside to this kind of day is that I don't spend as much time flexing my creative side, at least I'm doing it at all. When a train of thought is interrupted several times, much of the original intent is lost in the abyss of conscious and unconscious thinking. That wreaks havoc on productivity. It does make the day fly by, and in some cases that's something to be grateful for. Even if that is the only thing that I can identify when I reflect on all that transpired since the time I woke up, it's still something positive. Yeah, it's a good day if there's even one thing that makes you feel like you accomplished or made it through anything. I didn't pen a best selling novel today, but I did do a number of small things that will make tomorrow and the following days a little easier. I'm calling it a win.


No comments:

Post a Comment