What do you do to recharge? All too often we run around through our days, doing things for everyone around us, and forget that we need to take time for ourselves. This is a topic that begs to be discussed often because so few of us heed the warnings our bodies and minds send when we are overworked and spread too thin.
I don't take much in the way of downtime but I'm getting better. And by downtime, I mean no technology, TV or 'busy work'. It's easy to lose track of the last time we took even a half hour just to sit in a quiet space and breathe. With so much emphasis on packing every possible ounce of experience into our short time on this earth, it seems like a waste of precious time to slow down and do nothing sometimes. Really, we would miss so much of what we are trying to do, see and create if we never took the time to recharge.
The thing is, we actually get more out of life and less time is wasted when we are rested and able to be 100% present.
Has it been so long since you've spent time by yourself actively trying to find balance, that you have no idea where to begin? Well, it might take some time, but really it's just more experiences for your unique journey. Try different things until you find something that works for you. It's worth searching for the things that bring you peace.
When you regularly bring yourself back to peace, you can push through more, exceed your previous efforts and live more meaningful moments. For me, it's reading. Letting the words on a page stir my imagination and quiet all the regular noise of daily thoughts is my first choice when I need to take time for me. When that doesn't work, and it's seasonally applicable, the beach works wonders. Actually, any time spent in the sun's warmth is a guaranteed recharge.
Finding my centering go-to's didn't happen overnight. I had to really pay attention to how I felt during and after these chosen balance boosters to really know if they worked for me. The funny thing is I have always loved reading but never considered that it was actually helping me reset. Beneficial entertainment.
Don't put off taking you time; get the most out of life by being able to enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment