Taxes, FAFSA for one kid, vacations and planning college visits for the other kid — OH MY! Be careful what you wish for. The energy you put out into the universe can result in a whole lot of awesome happening at the same time (not that taxes and FAFSA are fabulous).
Having decided on taking a road trip to South Carolina in April, it seemed like a no-brainer to try and schedule a couple of college tours in on the way down and the way home, after my son started talking potential college interests. Well 24 hours later, I'm up to my ears in planning, and even decided to check into schools closer to home over February break. That happened FAST!
I would say that more often than not, things happen in clusters of events in my life. The crazy thing is I love it. When the energy is focused on positive changes, the effect tends to multiply — and quickly. The only downside to this that I can see is that when things slow down, the adjustment period can be mildly annoying. Ok, maybe there's the possibility that life gets too busy and you forget to pause and appreciate the beauty in it all. I like being active and busy because the result is usually a feeling of being productive, but I love knowing I'm still aware enough to take in things like the incredible sunset I saw on the ride home tonight.
There is nothing quite like being in a state of exuberance over the experiences that crop up from day to day. Mind you the level of excitement is impacted by the nature of things that transpire, but it has been my experience that when the train of awesome shit is moving, it's a pretty lengthy run. This is beneficial for when the not-so-awesome sauce decides to make a mess of things. At least the great times stored up the energy necessary to clean it up.
I suppose for me right now, the writing will happen between the onslaught of to-dos and I'll continue to make the effort to wring every ounce of positive I can from it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment