Thursday, February 18, 2016

Oh So Many People, Oh So Much Energy

Energy. The world is made up of it. We are made of it.

It's easy to forget these things. Day in and day out we go about our lives, rarely giving a thought to the invisible trail that we leave in our wakes. In the same way that we are out-of-touch with the effect we have on the world around us, we don't always realize how susceptible we are to other people's energy. All too often we suffer the ill effects of someone else's negativity and have no idea it's at the root of the 'funks' we find ourselves in.

Ever wake up feeling, unlike your typical self? Suddenly overcome with a mood that you can't explain? We encounter the ju-ju of the auras people shed every day. For most, we operate on our own vibrational level and either feel no adverse effects from these encounters, or we aren't open to them and we manage to avoid the messy stuff.

I'd love to say I'm one of these people, but years of working in people's personal space made me more of an empath than I might have liked. The good news is that I'm often aware of the negative energy people are exuding and I have time to guard myself against it. What I haven't figured out yet is when I've picked up someone else's strife, anger or sadness that was so powerful it remained long after then walked away.

My amazing and insightful friend called this to my attention today when I mentioned my inexplicable mood this morning. It hadn't occurred to me that I may have been allowing someone else's energy to weave itself into my own. When she suggested this, I sat back and contemplated when the mood had begun, and where I had been prior to it taking root. Within minutes the firm grip it seemed to have on my outlook of the day lessened. My friend essentially cracked the door and let the light in. There was no way the room would continue to be as dark as it had been just moments before she shared her thoughts.

The next time you find yourself in a state of mind you can't explain, consider the possibility that you're experiencing the ripples of someone else's life, and that it isn't about you at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment