I freely admit that during football season I am a foul-mouthed, post-frenzy Patriots' fan. Anyone who follows me on social media has come to expect that once a week (except on BYEs) there will be a barrage of colorful, game-related status updates blowing up their Facebook notifications and filling their newsfeeds. Hey, one or two of my friends have just learned to unfollow me from September until February. The rest...well, the appear to like it.
My sons loathe me screaming at the television during games. I've come to some kind of middle ground being able to vent online, bringing the factor of yell down quite a few notches. I do what I can ;)
The only thing that I hate worse than seeing my team lose, is late game nights. Knowing the next day is going to require far more caffeine than usual just compounds the stress of a close scoring game. And a close scoring game means I will be staying up to watch the last play. DVRing it just isn't the same. Tonight's season opener is a late game and far too close in points for me to confidently call it a night.
As a Patriots' fan, I have been spoiled the past few years. We have a solid team and despite hiccups in the line-up due to injuries and bullshit suspensions, I've come to expect that my desired outcome is a given. Just one of the reasons all non-New England fans love seeing my team lose.
Being a Pats' fan means being the recipient of all sorts of hater-style comments. That shit just deepens my resolve to cheer my boys on week after week. Bring your worst, New England fans can't be swayed. Oh, and if you're my friend on Facebook and you aren't a Pats' fan, it's going to be a long five months.
No comments:
Post a Comment