Saturday, September 24, 2016

Ok, So I Don't Hate Fall

My child brought home a bag of candy corn today. I love candy corn. All I have to do is smell them and I'm doomed. This time of year makes it tough to avoid sugar overload.

Aside from the intense chill in the air, I rather enjoy most things about fall. Candy corn is just one of the many things I look forward to and luckily it's the only one that isn't good for me. I do wish I had a bit more self-control when it came to that orange and white confection.

Flannel. This might just be my favorite fall attire. Since I loathe being cold, flannel is almost priceless. And flannel won't throw my carb count out the window. I might miss my flip flops, but my many cozy pairs of slippers are great at consoling my feet until warm weather welcomes them again.

Fall is the perfect time to heat up the oven and bake. The only problem is that I have to resist the urge to eat everything I make. Thankfully, there are get-togethers and holiday parties for me to bring most of cookies and breads I bake to. Comfort foods in general, are something I enjoy making. Stews, roasts, and casseroles are among my top choices. Warmth, from the inside out.

None of these enjoyable things makes me hate the colder weather any less, but they do make it easier to tolerate. I get through the fall and winter because of the feel good energy they all bring with them. If I have to endure the falling leaves, dropping temperatures and shorter days, then it's better to have some coping tools to get through. I don't hate fall, after all, it prepares me for the frigid and white, drab months that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment