It is supremely difficult trying to catch up and stay caught up here. What with work frying my eyes from staring at a screen all day, playing taxi to the teen, and spending time with my Mister, writing time has been sacrificed. Yes, these are excuses — pardon me while I go into the other room to berate myself.
Without a doubt, there is a lot happening at the moment. There are stressors that cannot be put aside and that certainly affects my ability to sit and focus on whatever topic I choose to write about. I suppose I should be somewhat grateful I've managed to snag a few minutes each morning to write because at least I'm not falling further behind. Still holding at four. I'm challenging myself to get caught up by next weekend. This should be fun.
I've noticed that I've allowed myself to slip back into a cycle of making excuses. Not necessarily to those around me, but to myself. This has led to slacking off in areas I've always been dedicated to; writing being one of them. Part of living a more positive life is that there is a higher productivity to my days. When I allow things to slip by, undone, even though it may not seem like I'm being negative, the effects are definitely evidence of negative behavior.
It's important to do regular self-checks (no, not breast or testicle exams, though those are essential) on where you are mindset-wise. When I fail to do this, I end up in situations like I'm in right now. Thankfully, I've become rather good at identifying when I've fallen short of where I want to be, which makes it a whole lot easier to adjust and move forward. So, pushing myself to do an extra post a day this next week should get me back into that productive flow. At least that's the goal.
Falling back into old habits isn't all bad. I find when I do this, I catch myself sooner each time, and manage to right myself more quickly. I also appreciate embracing a positive life far more. When you can step back and see how much better things are when you choose to live the best possible life, it's easy to find the dedication needed to resume that lifestyle. Knowing what it takes is helpful, but recognizing the benefits of the work involved is priceless. Whatever it takes to maintain that level of awesome, I'm ready to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment