I'll admit, I wasn't on board at first. I couldn't see the point and questioned the comfortability — right up until I spent a half hour throwing caution to the wind. After months of seeing advertisements and consistently avoiding displays while shopping, I finally caved and bought a bralette. I'm hooked ;)
Bras are, in my opinion, torture devices created for maximum irritation and discomfort. Sure, they serve the purpose of preserving the uptight, female body-shaming societal norms we've grown accustomed to living with. They reduce the amount of jiggle produced when women walk, laugh and most definitely when they run. The claim of support has long been proven false, yet we cannot break with decorum for comfort sake. That would just be silly. Why on earth should women be comfortable?
The bralette — at least the one I am currently wearing, it a far less confining version of the contraption we know as the bra. I didn't think these were meant for women with any measurable amount of breasts and to be fair, their capacity to cover parts effectively does have limits. While I know this is hardly a solution to the woes of underwires, pinching fabric and straps that refuse to stay put for all women, the bralette has given me a reprieve from constantly adjusting uncooperative bands and hooks. Yes, I've found my new favorite article of clothing, and I couldn't be happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment