I must have had four or five ideas for blog posts hit me right as I laid down to go to sleep. As tired as I was, I resisted the urge to grab my phone and jot them down in a note. I am kicking myself this morning. Particularly because I'm still three posts behind, and because frankly, they were great topics.
I know better than to dismiss the leads my mind provides, yet still, I allow these gems to disappear from my consciousness, likely to never be thought of again. To say that I regret allowing this to happen is an understatement. Lost ideas are missed opportunities. Creatively speaking, that's something I never want to happen. So why do I allow it to?
Every so often, the gist of a lost idea will surface and I can use it. It isn't likely it ever turns out the way it may have if I'd only just sat down to write it in the first place, but then I could write on the very same topic days apart and it would be totally different as well. Thoughts are always evolving since we are faced with different stimuli each and every day. What we think right now could like become more fine tuned or completely opposite in the near future. It's all dependent on what our lives encounter between now and tomorrow.
I've managed to recover the bulk of one topic from last night. I will likely turn it around for a day or two before I put words to it, but I've jotted it down and won't forget it again. I'll also need to find time to want to actually sit in front of my laptop screen in order to make anything of it. At the very least, I will not be letting ideas disappear into the air for awhile, as it vexed me greatly to think I could have wasted perfectly good ideas just to catch a few Zzz.
No comments:
Post a Comment