I typically love carb nights. It's all I can do to choke down enough carbs before turning in tonight. Why is it that when I can have naughty carbs, I don't have the appetite I do when I need to abstain from consuming so much yummy.
Some nights I just can't do it. There are a few times when it becomes clear that no matter how much you know you should, you can't, and when you know you shouldn't, you just can't help yourself. Goals would be so much more attainable if we weren't so easily tempted to sabotage our progress. Right?
I suppose that falling short on total carb count is better than giving up during a workout. I came close to my target on this macro this evening, and hopefully between my choices and the timing, the effect will be as it should. What's most important is I stuck to the 10 day ULC induction, after weeks of overindulging on all foods I typically avoid, or at the very least eat in moderation. Sometimes even the small successes are enough.
I stumbled across Carb Night Solution a few years ago, and recently explored the sister eating plan for weight lifting, Carb Backloading. While the science behind the diets make sense, implementing them is time consuming, and using them together can be tricky - particularly if you're a woman. I reached out to a dietician who is associated with each of these plans and given my goals and expectations, she helped me incorporate a customized version. I usually prefer to do the work myself, but yo-yoing through a specific plan on my own seemed arduous and wrought with potential missteps.
It's no surprise that some people find the way I eat a little odd. And they aren't wrong that it requires a bit more work than most specialized diets. The thing is I feel my absolute best when I avoid simple carbs, not to mention when I minimize the times I eat a substantial amount in a given day. I see more changes from the work I do on the mat, and I find I have more consistent energy to push harder every week.
Tonight was carb night, and I didn't hit the mark that is optimal, but I came close. There's always another opportunity to try harder, and unlike busting out that last rep when your muscles are on fire and about to give in, lifting my hand to my mouth with something oh-so-high in carbs is a bit easier to do. Back to carb deprivation in the morning, and right now I couldn't be happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment