Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I Need to Wash My Car

Oh, this cold snap is on my last nerve. My car is full of salt, but washing it would mean frozen doors. The kitchen floor is gritty with sand. Winter just loves to mock my longing for summer.

The blistering heat of beach sand beneath my feet. Penetrating warmth of the sun and the lightest of ocean breezes. These are the thoughts I keep close by, so that on days when the mercury barely reaches 20 degrees, I can bear the bitterness and the bite.

Ok, so it doesn't always work, but most of the time it breaks the monotony of winter loathing long enough to regain a more positive outlook. Hey, I go with what I can find, and sometimes that's just a redirection of thought.

I am quite happy that this has been a far less severe season than that of the past two years. A moderate amount of snow means it will melt sooner. Fewer single digit days means reasonable heating bills. Not only is my inner-self bolstered by these things, so is my wallet.

Ooo, and the money I don't spend on heat, car washes and gas from letting my car run every day to warm up I can spend on more knee socks and sweaters! Of course, being able to associate this time of year with the best part of football doesn't hurt either. Yeah, I suppose I don't actually hate all things about winter. There are some redeeming qualities after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment