Friday, September 4, 2015

A Soul That Touches The World Leaves A Little Fire Behind When It Moves On

For days now, since hearing of Dr. Wayne Dyer's passing, I've been putting off watching The Shift. I've read a number of his books, watched endless hours of him speaking, yet I hadn't been able to just sit and watch this movie. Regardless of my views on religion or spirituality, Dr. Dyer's message has always resonated with me.

Tonight I watched the movie, and tonight I shed a number of tears. In truth, so much of what I aspire to, of who I've become over the passed decade is because life became clearer, and I learned (however slowly) to let go. It was years of occasionally reading Dr. Dyer's words, and then one day, it all just clicked. And just like when I finally let go of the reigns that had directed every second of my existence up to that point, as I watched this movie I found myself crying. Not even remotely out of sadness. The feeling of internal gratitude was, in both cases, too intense to ignore.

So much of where I am, like countless others can claim, is a result of finding Dr. Dyer's words. Stumbling upon them, recognizing the value in them, and understanding that happiness and purpose are absolutely possible. What a gift that kind of realization has been.

I've still got a ways to go, but every time I get tripped up, catching my balance is easier and quicker than it was the time before. Thank you Wayne for sharing your story, your ideas and teachings on dharma and 'just being' with the world.

The Shift

No comments:

Post a Comment