Wednesday, December 16, 2015


I read this post (by the way, I LOVE Elephant Journal - well worth $13 a year to read unlimited posts), and realized that I am a repeat offender of several of these. 

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/04/18-ways-women-are-disconnected-from-themselves-falan-storm/

By far and large, the most egregious of my offenses is #12. Interrupting intuition. The worst thing is, I am usually pretty close to the bullseye when I get that 'inkling' or 'gut feeling'. Despite that fact, I still choose to disregard my intuition in situations when it is in my best interest to follow it. 

Intuition is a gift; it guides us through life if we only just heed it. In situations where I'm uncertain of what direction I should go or action I should choose, I rely on that "inner knowing" to steer me. Occasionally, it may seem as though I was way off base, but in time it's usually revealed that a couple extra steps were just necessary. Listening to that intuitive voice doesn't mean the outcome will always make sense right away. Sometimes it takes months, even years, to understand the benefit or wiseness in a choice we made.

I am most prone to disregarding my gut in relationships. Time and again I unwisely push that 'knowing' feeling aside, giving people the benefit of a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment