Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Just a Short Thought This Morning

While I'm not feeling particularly wordsmith-y today, the simple fact that the sun is shining this morning is more than enough for me to see the silver lining in this day. A bit too chilly to enjoy coffee on the deck this morning, I'm content observing the birds in the extreme flood waters that have taken over the backyard. Were it not for the ability to see the out of place beauty in it, I'd likely be grumbling displeasure.














Of course, the moment I stepped outside to capture the quiet activities in the wooded area behind the condos, it all ceased. No matter. The peaceful appearance is worthy enough to share.

I know that I was not made for winter. The cold and frozen characteristics of a season that lasts far too long, does carry one positive thing with it, however. I am all that much more appreciative of the warmer, greener weather the other half of the year. I try to be outside and enjoy the world around me as much as possible once the snow has disappeared. Were it balmy year-round, I might take the gift of sun and warmth for granted. That would be sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment