I changed up my routine this week, and while most of the time this kind of upheaval makes me groan inwardly, the perspective gained was most unexpected. Upon waking, I had been immediately changing into workout clothes (after making the bed, of course), putting in my contacts, then heading to the basement to train, then finished the morning off with Bulletproof coffee. All I did was opt to wake up and sit with my coffee first. It's been a bit of a struggle to justify 'relaxing' after I got my full 8, but this pause on morning activity has allowed my mind to prepare for the day ahead. This switch up, though relatively minor, has created opportunity to turn some of my musings into small bodies of writing. To me, that's huge.
Most of my life I've loathed mornings. Never seeming to get enough sleep, the thought of rising bright and early literally produced waves of nausea. Now my early and the rest of the world's early aren't likely the same, but I find I'm waking up earlier and earlier with far less protest.
A likely reason is that I'm getting older and need less sleep. While that may be part of it, I think my changing ideals are more the reason. In all the working toward a more positive existence, I find I can't placate my laziness with excuses like I used to. The differences in my state of mind have directly impacted the whole of my being. When you make a change - even if it seems small at the time, it is nearly impossible for it to not have a profound effect on your life as a whole. Yes, it's the ripple effect.
There is no other plausible reason, as far as I'm concerned, for why waking earlier, working out consistently, and accepting switch ups in my routine so much more willingly have occurred. I'm curious to know whether foreknowledge of these things might have led to me push out all the negative energy sooner? Somehow I doubt that the results would have been the same; there's something to be said for just going with the flow and letting life surprise you.
No, I think I'm just happy that I've come to the awareness I have at all. It doesn't matter when it took place, in the end all that counts is that the trek was successful. I've never been more present in the here and now, and that is where living truly exists.
No comments:
Post a Comment